MyState Bank Arena is committed to protecting your personal information in compliance with the principles set out in the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) which regulate how we may collect, use, disclose and store personal information, and how individuals may access and correct personal information held about them. MyState Bank Arena is also required to comply with the Spam Act 2003 (Cth) and the Do Not Call Register Act 2006 (Cth).
MyState Bank Arena’s official ticketing partner is Ticketek. When purchasing tickets at MyState Bank Arena, Ticketek may disclose your personal information to MyState Bank Arena for operational and promotional purposes and MyState Bank Arena may choose to provide you with information about upcoming events.
How does MyState Bank Arena Collect and Hold your Personal Information?
We may collect personal information about you in the course of your dealings with us (for example, if you make an inquiry, become a member, purchase products, tickets or services from us, subscribe to any publication of MyState Bank Arena, enter a promotion or access our Website). If you provide us with personal information about another person (such as a family member), please make sure that you have their consent to do so and that you tell them about this policy.
The type of personal information we collect will depend on your dealings with us. Sometimes we collect personal information about customers or potential customers from a third party or a publicly available source, or from marketing and similar lists legally acquired by us. Generally, we will collect your name, date of birth, address, credit card details, telephone number and email address. We may also collect other personal and sensitive information from you. For example when:
- you visit our website; or
- you visit our website; or
- you purchase tickets; or
- attending an event at MyState Bank Arena; or
- attending or registering for an event at other facilities that MyState Bank Arena may own, operate or manage from time to time; or
- you enquire about a product or service offered by us; or
- you enter into any trade promotions, competitions or other offers with MyState Bank Arena or its partners; or
- you fill in and submit a form on our website; or
- you contact us by telephone, mail, email or online; or
- If you are applying for a position with MyState Bank Arena, then the personal information we collect may include your resume, qualifications, skills, education provider and history, work history and residency status. We may need this information to assess your suitability for a position with MyState Bank Arena; or
- images and video footage of you, including images and video footage collected by security cameras or for promotional purposes; or
- if you establish an account with MyState Bank Arena in order to purchase goods or services then the personal information, we collect may include proof of identity information, including:
- drivers licence number or other government identifier;
- information in respect of product and service usage, club affiliations, event participation and game attendance, responses to offers made and/or promotions run by MyState Bank Arena or its affiliates, payment patterns and history, and inquiries and complaints.
If we are unable to collect the personal information we require, or the information provided is incorrect or incomplete, this may affect our ability to communicate with you or provide products or services to you.
We may also collect other information through your use of MyState Bank Arena digital services, including the MyState Bank Arena WiFi network, such as the device ID number of any device used by you when accessing those services. If we hold such information that can be associated with you or the device you are using, then that information may be linked with your personal information, and will be treated in the same manner as the personal information to which it has been linked.
Any personal information that you provide via our website is collected and stored by MyState Bank Arena.
If you provide us with information about another person, you must obtain that person’s permission to give us the information and inform them of this policy. If we are not able to collect your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with our products or services or do business with you or the organisation with which you are connected.
Purposes for which Personal Information is Collected, Held, Used and Disclosed
We will use and disclose your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, and for other related purposes that you would reasonably expect.
Generally, these purposes include:
- responding to your enquiries;
- marketing and promotion;
- providing you with our products and services;
- obtaining your feedback;
- running promotions; and
- for our general business operations (for example, maintenance of our business records, compliance with our legal and insurance obligations and statistical and analysis purposes).
We may disclose your personal information to our licensees, agents, contractors, professional advisors, insurers, promotion partners and/or relevant sporting bodies or programs in Australia for the purposes set out above.
If you want to know how we obtained your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer using the details provided below and we will let you know unless it is impracticable or unreasonable to do so.
WiFi Data Collection
- to law enforcement bodies or an agency responsible for government or public security, to the extent that the MyState Bank Arena is required or authorised by applicable law; and
Our website is professionally hosted and operates in a secure environment. You should however be aware that there is always an inherent risk in transmitting your personal information via the Internet. Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to your computer for record-keeping purposes. The information collected may be used by MyState Bank Arena to improve and customize your experience on our website.
In addition, we may collect aggregated non-personally identifiable data from our website to help us maintain and improve delivery of MyState Bank Arena’s online services and marketing. This aggregated information assists MyState Bank Arena to improve content and website navigation.
When you visit any of our online resources, our system may collect certain information about your visit for statistical purposes, including:
- server address;
- top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, etc.);
- the date and time of your visit to the site;
- the pages you accessed and documents downloaded during your visit;
- the previous site you visited;
- whether you've visited our site before; and
- the type of browser used.
We record this data to maintain our server and improve our services. There are several methods and packages that we use to collect visitor behaviours on each of our online platforms. Like a number of commercial website operators, MyState Bank Arena uses tools to measure and analyse internet usage across our websites. This enables MyState Bank Arena to track the number of unique browsers to our websites.
Data Quality and Security
We may store your information in hardcopy and/or in electronic form. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is protected from misuse, interference, and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
This may include a range of systems and communication security measures, as well as the secure storage of hard copy documents. In addition, access to your personal information will be restricted to those properly authorised to have access.
We rely on the personal information we hold in conducting our business. Therefore, it is very important that the information we hold is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you believe that your personal information is inaccurate, incomplete, out of date, irrelevant or misleading, please contact our Privacy Officer using the details provided below and we will take reasonable steps to correct that information.
How you can access or correct your personal information
You can request access to the personal information we hold about you by contacting our Privacy Officer using the details provided below. We will generally provide you with access, subject to some exceptions permitted by law.
If we deny or restrict access to the information you have requested, we will give you written reasons for this decision when we respond to your request. We may charge a fee to cover our costs of providing access to you and will advise you of any fee payable before we provide you with access.
How you can make a privacy complaint
Please contact our Privacy Officer using the details provided below if you have any concerns or complaints about the manner in which we have collected or handled your personal information. We will investigate your complaint and respond to you in writing within 30 days.
If you consider your privacy concerns have not been resolved satisfactorily by us, or you wish to obtain more information on privacy requirements, you can contact the Australian Information Commissioner on 1300 363 992 or visit their website at www.oaic.gov.au.
How to Contact Us
- have queries, concerns or complaints about the manner in which your personal information has been collected or handled by MyState Bank Arena;
- would like to request access to or correction of the personal information we hold about you.Please contact our Privacy officer:
- by mail to MyState Bank Arena, PO Box 145 Glenorchy TAS 7010
- by email to firstname.lastname@example.org